MOUSE
Once when a Lion was sleeping. A little Mouse began crawling up and down upon him; this wakened the Lion, who caught the Mouse in his huge pow, and opened his big jaws to swallow him. Pardon, a king cried the little Mouse; "Please don't eat me".
Forgive me this time, I shall never forget it: who knows but what I may be able to do you a turn some these days? The Lion laughed, how can you help me.
The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the Mouse being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go. Some time after the Lion was caught in a trap laid by the hunters. He roars.
Just then the little Mouse happened to pass by, and seeing the sad plight in which the Lion was, went up to him and soon cut away the ropes that bound the King. Was I not right?
Said the little Mouse, The Lion thanked the Mouse and they became good friends.
The moral of the story is "Little friends may prove great friends"

No comments:
Post a Comment